When I think of a Steak Dinner it most definitely doesn’t sound like a quick and easy weeknight meal but this Steak Bite Recipe made on the stovetop in the Cast Iron Skillet can be ready in under 20 minutes – especially if you purchase steak tips and don’t have to cut-up the sirloin yourself.
At the start of quarantine we started ordering from Kansas City Steak Company. They have a really fabulous selection and their steak tips are the best I have ever had. I have no affiliation with the company – when I find something great I just like to share it.
Mashed Potatoes or White Rice are a fabulous side option – perfect for soaking up all that delicious extra garlic butter sauce. By making either in the Micro Cooker still keeps dinner ready in under 20 minutes and doesn’t add a lot to the clean-up.
Kansas City Steak Company
Mashed Potatoes in Micro Cooker
Sizzling Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 – 2 lbs Sirloin Steak Tips
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 – 5 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- If you have purchased a sirloin steak, using your kitchen shears, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place 12" Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to "spit" add in a single layer of steak. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sear steak on each side for 1 minute – try not to touch them during this time. Then using your Chef's Tongs, continously stir for 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan onto plate and begin the next layer.
- When all steak has been cooked through, add them back into the pan and reduce heat to low.
- Add the butter and melt it in the pan. Once melted using your Garlic Press, mince 4 cloves of garlic into the butter. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir to coat the steak bites and cook for about 1 additional minute.
- Remove from pan and serve with your favorite side.