Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Often when we go to a restaurant The Good Doctor order's a French Dip Sandwich. It has taken several tries but I have finally come up with a recipe that he requests at home. Even better – it's all done in the Slow Cooker!
- Slow Cooker
- 2-3 lbs boneless bottom round you can use chuck roast but I like a leaner cut
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8-12 slices provolone cheese
- 4-6 crusty rolls
- Salt and pepper boneless bottom round
- In small batter bowl, mix together beef broth and worcestershire sauce – set aside
- Heat oil in Rockcrok Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Add the meat and sear all sides until each side is browned. Remove meat to cutting board.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add chopped onions to the Rockcrok. Cook for abour 3 minutes and then add in garlic using Garlic Press. Then add in half of the beef broth mixture, using a wooden spoon make sure all of the onion and garlic bits are mixed in from the bottom of the Rockcrok.
- Turn off heat and move Rockcrok Dutch Oven to the Slow Cooker Stand. Add the meat and pour the remaining beef mixture over it.
- Cover the Rockcrok and set the slow cooker to low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the meat from the Rockcrok and thinly slice or shred it.
- Place the fine mesh strainer in the small batter bowl. Carefully pour the juices from the Rockcrok into the strainer – this will be your au jus sauce.
- Slice your rolls, add the meat and slices of cheese. Place in Deluxe Air Fryer on Bake setting for two minutes to melt cheese. Serve with au jus sauce on the side for tipping.
For more delicious easy recipes go to: www.gatherroundwithdana.com or follow us on instagram: @gatherroundwithdana