Quick Cooker Lemon Chicken Orzo
This recipe will get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes even when you have forgotten to defrost the chicken. The mixture of lemon, garlic and chicken broth along with the ease of making the recipe itself will turn this into one of your favorite family weeknight meals.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 6-8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts frozen
- salt & pepper
- parsley optional
- Set Quick Cooker to the Sear setting and add in the butter. While butter is melting, use Garlic Press to add in the garlic. Let sear 2- 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice & zest and cornstarch to the Quick Cooker inner pot and stir together. Make sure to mix in the garlic from the bottom of the pot.
- Pour the orzo into the mixture and stir together.
- Cancel the Sear Setting. Place the frozen chicken breasts on top of the orzo mixture. Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Cover with the Quick Cooker lid and lock into position. Hit the Custom setting and adjust time to 12 minutes.
- Once the timer is up, let the steam natural release from the Quick Cooker before opening the lid.
- Remove chicken from the Inner Pot and place in a Glass Mixing Bowl. Using your Salad Chopper, shred the chicken and return to the Quick Cooker.
- Serve the lemon, chicken & orzo mixture in a bowl topped with parsley if you desire.
For more delicious and simple recipes go www.gatherroundwithdana.com or find us on Instagram @gatherroundwithdana