This may not look as pretty as my traditional slice of neatly layered baked pan lasagna but it tastes just as good! Plus it's ready to eat, start to fnish, in under 30 minutes!
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8-10 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 15 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated extra for serving if desired
- salt & pepper
- Pour tomato sauce into 12" Cast Iron Skillet. Turn heat to medium-high heat.
- Break up each lasagna noodle into thirds. It's ok if they are uneven and there are random small pieces. Place them all into the Cast Iron Skillet and cover them with the sauce.
- Add the 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer. Then lower heat to medium-low for 20 minutes. Occasionally stir to make sure the noodles do not stick to the bottom of the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in the Small Batter Bowl mix together the ricotta, egg, garlic powder, Parmesan and salt & pepper.
- Turn broiler on in oven.
- Once 20 minutes is up turn off heat. Using the Medium Scooper scoop our ricotta mixture onto sauce and noodles. Then with the skinny spatula lightly spread the ricotta throughout the mixture. Next cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Move Cast Iron Skillet to the oven under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Once removed from oven let sit for 5 minutes and then serve using Nylon Spoon.
For more delicious recipes go to www.gatherroundwithdana.com or find us on Instagram @gatheroundwithdana