Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
If you are not lucky enough to have a pizza oven in your backyard, (I don't have one) you can still get a really nice crisp pizza crust by making it in your Cast Iron Skillet
- 1/2 pizza dough ball
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Using Baker's Roller, roll out pizza dough on Pastry Mat to 12" round.
- Place 12" Cast Iron Skillet into pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Remove using Oven Mitts and place on heat proof surface.
- Pour olive oil into hot Cast Iron Skillet. Then add pizza dough into skillet. Carefully spread the dough to the edges of the skillet using your Teak Wooden Corner Spoon.
- Next spread the sauce onto the dough leaving about 1/2 and inch border around the circle.
- Cover the sauce with mozzarella cheese and any other toppings you may desire.
- With the Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush garlic olive oil onto the exposed crust area.
- Place in heated oven for 12-14 minutes.
For more delicious recipes go to www.gatherroundwithdana.com or find us on Instagram @gatheroundwithdana