There is nothing better on a dreary rainy day then curling up with a warm bowl of tomato soup sprinkled with some oyster crackers. I had always been intimidated to try to make it from scratch though until I started cooking with the Deluxe Cooking Blender. This recipe seriously could not be any easier and is now a favorite of mine to prep and freeze on the weekends.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 can whole tomatoes peeled
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Tbsp sweet basil seasoning
- 1 packet Enrichables pea protein
- Add the water, salt, tomatoes, whole tomatoes, onion and peeled garlic cloves to the Deluxe Cooking Blender.
- Replace and lock the lid. Turn the while to select the SOUP setting, press the wheel to start.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the basil cream and pea protein.
- Replace the cap and hold the PULSE button until they are full combined.